Squire Drivetrain & Dynamics
• 2.4 TDCi Land Rover engine, remapped from 122bhp to 153bhp
• Torque taken from 265lb ft @ 2,000rpm to 326lb ft @ 2,000rpm
• All engine tuning carried out by DMS Automotive
• 60 Litre fuel tank
• Top Speed improved to 92mph from 81mph
• 0-62mph improved from 14.7 seconds to 12.1 seconds
Superb road composure
• Uprated Bilstein B6 Suspension and steering dampers, giving optimum adhesion and enhanced lane change stability in both day-to-day and extreme situations
• Heavy Duty Anti Roll Bar Superpro Bush Kit
• Superpro Bush Polyurethan engine mounts, to further reduce engine vibration and roll
• Colour-coded suspension components, finished in VAG Nardo Grey
There was, of course, no need to justify the addition of suspension and drivetrain upgrades. Whilst the Defender 110, ordinarily, is perfect offroad, with little or no need for speed or comfort; the vehicle has always lacked road-going capabilities.
As such, the upgrades made to Edition 1# enable it to perform on the road, as perhaps it always should. Thus making it uncompromising offroad, as well as comfortable and suitable for the road to the field.